Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pizza Hut

Okay, I have to admit it. I love food, all kinds of food, including junk food... When I visit China, making a stop to Pizza Hut is a must as the Pizza Hut there serves high end dishes like escargot and seafood pizza. And their crust is not just some burnt up greasy carbs, but is actually a nice soft buttery toast. So after checking out the high end menu that the Pizza Hut located near Vinh Trung Plaza, I had to stop and get something. 


Unfortunately they did not have escargot, though I suspect it is because snails are are very commonly here, so it is not considered a delicacy as it is in China. But the prices on the menu are quite high end, a bit more so than KFC. 


I was finally able to get a watermelon juice, which was okay priced at around 26,000. It was pretty delicious as expected. 


Now the pizza... Ooh... This is the seafood curry, which had yellow curry sauce drizzled over the cheese, and bits of pineapple, shrimp, fish and scallops over the pizza. 


Another view of our lovely "regular size pizza", which honestly I could eat by myself...


Freshly toasted goodness...


This is a closer view at the other pizza, Fisherman's favorite, which had Thousand Island dressing. Now imagine a nice buttery toast with cheese and seafood on it, then throw in the taste of Thousand Island dressing on top... It was a bit odd, though the buttery toast and cheese still made it delicious. But with the dressing, I can't help but think of salads... Perhaps it helps quiets the consciousness as I wolf down thousands of calories.

Our bill, however, took a nice chump out of my wallet (well, at least the VND part). It came out to be about 180,000 VND, which really is less than $9 per person, but being used to meals costing less than 30,000, it was a bit of an expected shock. But all in all, a super delicious meal. I wish I got to try their desserts and pasta... Next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment